I think it’s some sort of unspoken tradition to always start these types of posts with a version of “I can’t believe how fast this month went!” or “Can you believe it’s already *insert month here*?!” But in all seriousness, August was a great month. I spent the beginning part of it in Disney World and Tybee Island, Georgia, which was the perfect vacation combo of excitement and relaxation. I also went back to school this month (here I will humor the traditionalists – I can’t believe I’m already a sophomore in college. Wasn’t I 12-years-old just, like, yesterday?) so if I’m not posting here quite as frequently, there is your reason as to why. I will still be posting here once-a-week, but the specific days in which I post are going to be sporadic. But hey, variety is the spice of life, right?
So while I was definitely dreading biding adieu to my long summer, I’ve accepted its fate and am now in full fall mode. I want pumpkin everything (raise your hand if you had a pumpkin spice latte in August because I did/have no shame admitting it), dark lip colors and nail polish, riding boots, and colorful leaves, and I want them all right now. But before I jump headlong into autumnal delicacies, I want to pay tribute to my most favorite things throughout the month of August.
PS – Sorry about the sizes of the pictures. I must have screwed something up while taking them because it won’t let me make them any bigger 😦
1. Alex and Ani Cinderella Charm Bracelet – This was by far my most favorite souvenir from Disney World. I am not typically a bracelet fan (they get in the way of EVERYTHING), but I’ve been wearing this one nonstop. I love how thin and delicate it is, plus the fact that Cinderella is tiffany blue is just the perfect touch. It’s the best way to wear Disney, subtly, and remember my trip everywhere I go.
2. H&M Pearl Gold Necklace – I’ve been eyeing this particular necklace for a while at work (my wallet’s demise is me working in a clothing store) and finally bit the bullet, so to speak. This necklace adds the perfect bit of glam to any outfit without looking overly gaudy. A pearl statement necklace is a staple that every woman should have in her jewelry repertoire.
3. Bath and Body Works Vermont Honey Apple Body Mist – I’ve been wearing this body spray for the past week and a half, so it’s not technically a monthly favorite, but I don’t care. I think this is the perfect scent for transitioning from summer to fall. It’s a wonderful balance of crisp, fruity apples for the summer and warm honey for the fall. It’s also a light scent so it won’t choke others to death in the vicinity.
4. L’Oreal Infallible Lip Gloss in Bloom – I went on a hunt for this lip gloss after seeing Katy Bellotte from Hellokaty post a picture of her wearing it on her Instagram. I found it at Target (what can’t you find at Target) and have been wearing it pretty much every day since. It’s a pretty, natural pink color that has great staying power. I apply it once before running out the door, and I don’t have to worry about it for the rest of the day!
5. Pop Beauty Sunkissed Bronzer in Secret Sunshine – I received this product in my July iPsy bag, which I did not review on here because I was on vacation when I received it. However, this bronzer is the bomb. Not too light, not too dark, not too shimmery, not too expensive. Two thumbs up.
6. Kate Spade Small Marguerite Bag in Faded Mint – This was my other favorite souvenir from my trip to Florida. My family and I spent our first day perusing the outlet malls, where I stumbled upon the glorious Kate Spade Outlet. All the handbags were 40% off, with an extra 20% off on top of that, so it was pretty much illegal for me to not walk out with something. I spied this little beauty and fell in love. The color is a beautiful pale mint and the scallop details are just darling. Plus, the inside print is white with black bows! You can’t get more quintessential Kate Spade than that.
7. Lilly Pulitzer Charlene dress in Nice Tail – The Lilly Pulitzer After Party Sale also happened this month, and I had only one thing on my mind when I logged on at 8 a.m. – snag something in this print. I love the fact that Lilly Pulitzer’s patterns are so unique, yet classy because of how the dresses are cut. I’ve worn this to school already with the H&M necklace, but this could just as easily be dressed up for a party. And let’s be honest, I can’t have a blog called Moments of a Mermaid without owning a mermaid dress.
8. Captain America Canvas – How amazing is this canvas that my incredible best friend Kristen made for me? She knows me and my obsession with all things Steve Rogers all too well. I’m completely in love with it.
9. Supernatural (not pictured) – My last favorite of the month is the CW show Supernatural. I’m trying to get through all of the seasons before it premieres again on October 7. Currently I’m about halfway through the 5th season, so I think I have a fighting chance. Everything about this show is awesome, from the story line, to the humor, to the cars, to the boys (*heart eyes emoji*). Start this show on Netflix when you have a couple of days worth of free time because once you start you won’t want to stop. I also did a post on how to achieve the effortless hunter look, as well, if you want to check it out!
Thanks for reading my favorites this month! Let me know what you loved during the month of August. 🙂 Have an awesome week!